When you arrive at Dogwood Animal Hospital, you can expect quality care for your pet.
We will do our best to make sure you are brought into an examination room as soon as we have one available. Our goal is to make sure all of our patients are seen on time, but there will be times the occasional unexpected delay due to an emergency or because we are providing care for a patient that needs a little more time. Please accept our apologies should this occur, and understand that the same dedication and courtesy will be provided to your pet should they ever need it.
Here’s what to expect during your visit:
- Once checked in, one of our team members will see you into the exam room and weigh your pet.
- A veterinary technician or assistant will then meet you and your pet, gather basic information about your pet’s health, talk about any questions or concerns you may have and plan/start further diagnostics.
- The veterinarian will then proceed with a complete exam, ask any more questions necessary for diagnostic purposes, make an assessment, then propose a treatment plan.
- Any recommended diagnostics tests (i.e. blood work) and treatments are usually performed in one of our treatment rooms.
- When the veterinary consultation is complete, you’ll go back to our front reception area where your billing and future appointment bookings will be handled.
- Depending on the reason for your visit, you may expect a follow-up call from one of our registered veterinary technicians to get an update on how your pet has been doing since their visit. If you have any concerns, talk to the technician about them.
We hope you enjoy your visit and the service we provide. We would be delighted to see you and your furry family member soon.